Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Running...

Tet and I agreed last year that we'll go on daily runs around our condo starting January. This was supposed to be our exercise to keep fit and lose the excess weight. It is also supposed to be my practice runs for the 10K races that I would participate in throughout the year and also for my planned 42K before the year ends. I am also encouraging Tet to participate in official races once she gets used to running. But January is almost over and we haven't gone on a single run, let alone try on our rubber shoes. =(

We have come up with several reasons or excuses for not being able to start running:

1. We can't run early in the morning because there has to be someone to watch over Trisha while she's still sleeping and our maid is not available to do that because she does the laundry in the morning.
2. We can't run in the afternoon either because we usually arrive home past 6pm already and the maid still needs to cook which means we'll need to look after Trisha and it is also our quality time with Trisha since she sleeps early.
3. During weekends, it's our family bonding time so we go out and we're usualy tired to do anything after.

I know these reasons/excuses may be lame but they are valid. I also know that if we really wanted to run, we'd find a way to make it happen. Believe me, I want to! we want to! It'll happen one of these days. hehe..

No comments: