Saturday, February 16, 2008

Why I love IKEA!

I knew about IKEA when I studied in Beijing but I never really got to visit an IKEA store while I was there. The first and only IKEA store that I have been to was the one in Guangzhou. I love the IKEA store there because the place was huge. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was an entire building and it was designed in such a way that once you enter, you would have to go through the entire store to reach the exit. There were so many items to browse through that by the time I reached the exit, I had spent over 2 hours inside the store. I loved going to the IKEA store so much that I went there every weekend while I was there.

These are just some of the IKEA items that I was able to buy from the IKEA store in Guangzhou:

  • clock with magnet that has multiple functions (day, date & time; countdown timer; temperature; another timer).

  • 3 shower curtains.

  • 2 storage totes.

  • plastic bag holder.

I had so many more items that I wanted to buy but I had to think about my luggage. I only bought stuff that I can easily pack in my suitcase. =)


After learning about the IKEA products, I knew that their products would sell well here (IKEA products are both stylish and functional) and it would only be a matter of time before someone franchises it and opens an IKEA store here in the Philippines. It's good to hear that there are people starting to buy stuff from IKEA stores abroad and reselling them here.


I believe there are more than one IKEA resellers here. I know one in Makati (I saw it in one of those bazaars) and one in QC (IKEAPH). Hopefully this year, an IKEA store similar to that of Guangzhou will open here in Manila. I'm pretty sure it will be an instant hit!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happened to our local products?