Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trisha's Apology

Trisha is just turning 2 in a few months and we (Tet and I, and some of our friends as well) are amazed how well she is able to converse with people.

Anyway, I want to share an incident today when I was scolding her for not being careful when she spilled water on the couch from her water bottle.

This is how she responded.

Trisha: Galit na Daddy.
Me: Oo, galit na talaga daddy kasi hindi ka careful.
Trisha: Sorry. Sorry na Daddy. Sorry na.

This was the first time that she voluntarily apologized because usually when she does something wrong, we would tell her to say sorry and she would say it but doesn't seem to mean it. But today, she actually meant it.

How could I continue to be mad after hearing that? My heart just melted with those words. Yun lang!

No comments: