Monday, April 14, 2008

April 13: On Your Mark

Tet woke me up at 5AM and I immediately got up. I didn't want to be late again like what happened during the Mizuno run. I took a quick shower, changed and left by 5:35AM. I called Wa and Alvin to inform them that I was on my way to the Fort. I was at the venue by 5:40AM. I went to the registration booth to have our race numbers modified to reflect that we were running the 10K (we initially registered for 5K since the race organizers informed us that the 10K registration was already closed).

The race started on time and we were off by 6AM. I started slow and picked up speed only after the 3K mark. This is probably the first time that I jog/ran the entire 10K, not even stopping or slowing down at the water stations. I brought my own water. After the Mizuno run thing, I wanted to make sure I have my own water. I probably need to buy a hydration belt next time instead of carrying a bottle.

The race course was also different from the normal fort route but it's almost similar to the course during the MH Urbanathlon last year. Anyway, running towards the 4K mark, I saw the baldrunner who was already on his way back. Shortly after, I saw the bullrunner but without her race bib.

When I crossed the finish line, the race clock time was 32:36. It was definitely a wrong time. I couldn't have ran that fast. I'm waiting for the results to come out so that I could check if I improved from my last run. But I am still happy that I didn't need to walk at any point during the run. That's already an improvement for me.

Here are my running buddies Alvin and Wa. This is our second consecutive run. They are participating in the Global run next week but I'll be in Baguio during that time. Too bad! Have a fun run guys!

No comments: