Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cockroach in my Iced Tea!

The above title says it all. I want to share with all of you what happened during lunch yesterday... for people who hates or are afraid of cockroaches, be warned! hehe..

Friday is our lunch out day. For this particular lunch out, we initially thought of eating at Wham! burgers in Shangri-la Mall but since some of our teammates wanted to try this new restaurant named Cibreo, which was also located in Shangri-la Mall, we decided to join them. Most of us ordered their combo meals which included grilled chicken, choice of pasta or rice, a slice of pizza or salad and a glass of iced tea. They started serving us our iced teas while we were waiting for our food to arrive. My iced tea was served last and it was contained in a bigger glass than the rest. One of my teammates wanted to exchange her iced tea with me since mine had more but greedy as I was =), I didn't agree. So then I took a sip, that was when I felt something inside my mouth. I initially thought it was a seed from a lemon or calamansi but when I spit it out, that's when I saw that it was not a seed but a COCKROACH!! YUCK!! Good thing I did not swallow it otherwise I wouldn't have known what it was. Anyway, I called the attention of the waiter and told him that there was a cockroach in my iced tea. He apologized and took my glass and replaced it with another. When he came back with the new iced tea, he said that the cockroach came from the ice. Just like that, they didn't even offered to exempt me from paying my meal after I had almost swallowed a cockroach. I was cautious after that. I couldn't help thinking that maybe the new iced tea they gave me or even my food might have a cockroach again. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my meal and until now I still feel disgusted and could still remember the feeling of that cockroach in my mouth.

So, I vowed not to go back to that resto and to discourage anyone who might want to try to eat in that resto. And that is also why I am blogging about it. I hope a lot of people get to read this.

You might wonder why I didn't make a scene and called for the restaurant manager and demanded to have a free meal or whatever it is that a person should do when they encountered something like that. Well, thinking about it now, I realized I should have done something about it. But it's not yet too late, I can still discourage you and alot more people not to eat in that restaurant.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's disgusting. it's my first visit to your site and what a great way to read a blog about cockroach. Surely, that did it for you.

No better way to eat than at home I supppose. You know where it's coming from, well nearly.