Thursday, November 22, 2007

For the love of the game!

Today is the first time I played Badminton again after re-injuring my shoulder while practicing for ITAP a few weeks or months ago. Eversince I dislocated my shoulder, which was Feb of 2006, I never really regained back my game. Worst is, I repeatedly injured my shoulder several times more. I went to see a rehab doctor but he didn't want to operate. He just told me to go to the gym and strengthen the muscles around my shoulder. I did that for some time but work kinda got in the way and I got lazy.

Anyway, going back to my story, I stopped playing when I got injured again. But when Tina asked me how my shoulder was and if I wanted to participate in the HP-BPI dual meet, I said yes. I had no time to practice and I really did not want to practice since I was afraid I might get injured again and wouldn't be able to play on the actual game.

Today was game day. I arrived late because of a call that I need to finish but I was still able to play the 2 games scheduled for me. 1-1 was the score on both games. I was telling myself that if I got injured again today, it was a sign for me to stop playing Badminton and just focus on running. =) Good thing I did not injure my shoulder because I realized that I miss playing the game and I really enjoy playing Badminton. I simply love the sport!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or maybe it was a sign that you can fall in love with both sports? :) About your mizuno run club question, the sessions are open to anyone. Just show up, register, and run. It's free. Next session is dec 6 :)