Friday, March 7, 2008

Car problems...

It's been days, even weeks since my last blog. I don't really blog while at work and by the time I get home, I just want to spend my time with my family. I have so many things I want to blog about but I want to write about my recent car problems. I'm now broke because of it!

It's actually not that recent. I had my car checked at Honda last year and they found so many problems. Problems with the engine, transmission and suspension to name some. The final quote amounted to over Php80K for them to fix all the problems. The car is 8 years old so I guess those problems are due to the eventual wear and tear. Still Php80K is a lot of money and I know I couldn't afford to have it fixed there. And even if I could afford it, I would still think twice.

So I scouted several car shops and eventually had my car fixed at Speedyfix (address: 312 shaw blvd., Mandaluyong City; tel#7174202). I've been going to this place before for tune ups and they have done a pretty good job. I didn't have all the problems fixed at once since it would still cost a lot and would take 2-3 days to finish. So I started with the important ones first, which was the engine problems. This was two weeks ago. I spent over Php16K.

And today, I discovered that there was a leak on the transmission. I knew about the leak already but didn't have it fixed yet because it was not yet dripping. But now it is so I have no choice but to have it fixed. I will again spend around Php10K. And that's not the end of it yet, because I still have problems with the suspension and etc. I will probably spend tens of thousands more before I get the car back into shape.

Eversince we got the car, we've spent thousands on gasoline, maintenance, registration, insurance, etc. and counting. But I'm not complaining though, I'm very glad that we have our car. It's been a great help for us, especially me. The convenience it provides is irreplaceable. I cannot imagine not having a car anymore. It has really been a part of our everyday life.

No comments: