Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pringles run - rain or shine

I just finished the Pringles run. All 3 miles or 4.83 km of it.

I set my alarm at 5am and when it went off, I was so sleepy (I only had less than 3 hours of sleep because of that stupid ipod) that I was telling myself to skip the run and just go back to sleep. And I did for the next 15 minutes. I eventually forced myself to get up. I really didn't want to miss the run.

It was a gloomy day because of the typhoon. The roads were wet and it was drizzling. I reached the venue 15 minutes before it started. I was looking for the other HP runners but didn't see any of them. There were a couple of us who registered but I think I was the only one who actually showed up.


took these shots on my way to the venue

The run started on time at 6am. It was still drizzling when we started and the wind was strong. I started slow and eventually picked up my pace. I would run slower on the uphills and faster on the downhills. I don't know my time but I think I did pretty ok.

On my way home, I saw other runners from another run. By the time I reached home which was just 5 minutes away from the venue, the rain was already pouring. I'm sure those runners got wet. I hope none of them gets sick.
Today was a good run for me. The distance was just ok especially since it was raining. The rainy season seems to start early this year. I guess there will be fewer runs in the coming months becaus of the rainy season. But most runners would run in any condition, rain or shine.

1 comment:

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Wen,

I was at the Pringles Run too. This was my first race -- although it is officially shorter than a 5K, I still consider it my first 5K run.

I got into this because many of friends have took up running. Also, I'm preparing for the La Salle Cares Fun Run on July 13 -- have to be there because I'm an officer in the De La Salle Alumni Association.

Have many friend in HP -- I work at ABS-CBN. Dennis Domingo handles us. I hope to meet you someday -- either in the industry or in another race.

Good luck with your future races.

Regards...Johnny