Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Let's Run!

Running is my new hobby or sport. I try to join as many races as I can these days. I usually get info about races from RACE (race organizers) or from searching the internet (but it's difficult to find a comprehensive list of available races for the entire year). Anyway, this love for running started two years ago (2005) when I joined my first run, the new balance power race. And then I was hooked, although I stopped for a few months when I went on a study trip to China last year. When I got back, that was when I started joining again, mostly 10K runs. I couldn't handle half or full marathons yet because I am not in shape and I still need to train for it.

To date, I have joined five races, namely:
1. New Balance Powerrace (The Fort, May 29, 2005)
2. Runnex (UP, can't remember the date on this one)
3. Men's Health All-terrain Race (Timberland Heights, May 6, 2007)
4. Adidas King of the Road (Quirino Grandstand, July 1, 2007)
5. Milo Marathon - Manila leg (Quirino Grandstand, July 22, 2007)

And I'm looking forward to two upcoming runs this November; New Balance Powerrace in Clark, Pampanga on November 11 and Men's Health Urbanathlon on November 18. Visit these sites for more info on these 2 races (http://www.newbalance.com.ph/nbinaction.html and http://www.menshealth.com.ph/urbanathlon/). I also initially planned to join the Milo Marathon - Baguio leg on November 4 but there were changes in plans and I couldn't go to baguio on that day.

My goal is to be able to run a full marathon, all 42K by next year. My motivation is that I will be running for a cause so that should be enough reason because I know that I will be able to help others while doing the thing that I love.

See you on the road!

No comments: