Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thumbs down for Globe Visibility and Bayan Span

This is a public service announcement from a Globe Visibility and Bayan Span subscriber:

If you are planning to get Globe Visibility as your internet connection or Bayan Span as your landline, DON'T!

Based on my experience, being a Globe Visibility and Bayan Span subscriber for almost 3 months now, I probably have more complaints than praises for the service they offer.

In the 3 months of using Globe Visibility, my No. 1 complaint is the REALLY SLOW connection. They have been consistent with that. I don't know how else I can emphasize that the connection is really really slow!! If you'll check with Globe, they can tell you that the maximum connection speed can reach up to 3.6mbps. Well, far from it and I don't think that will ever happen. To give them credit, I have experienced speeds of up to 2mbps but only for 2 seconds. The average connection speed is probably less than 100kbps.

In addition, sometimes I need to try and connect several times before I can connect successfully. Although that is not really a problem compared to the really slow connection.

As for my Bayan Span landline, the problems I have encountered ranges from having No signal to difficulty in making and receiving calls. Just today, I had to dial countless times before I could get through in placing a call. I kept on getting a busy tone.

When I tried calling the customer service to inform them of my problem, I couldn't get through either. And when I finally got through, the voice prompt led me to the customer service rep but no one was there.

This actually prompted me to write this blog and rant about my complaints. I want to give my unsolicited advice to others who might be thinking of getting their service. Their charges are not cheap so I believe we should get our money's worth for the service that they are providing.

So please think twice before subscribing to these services. I have no choice but to continue because there is a contract. I plan to discontinue after my contract expires unless they improve their service.

No comments: