Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Sad Day

I'm not sure I want to write about this but what happened at Glorietta 2 today was just shocking. So many innocent lives lost. I found out about the bomb incident when my sister who was here for a seminar in Dusit Hotel texted me that there was an explosion in Glorietta. I was in the office at Ortigas and was busy with work that I didn't really know the extent of the damage. My wife who was also at work also texted me about it. I only saw how bad it was when I saw it in the news on TV.

Normally, this kind of incident would not really have that big of an impact on me especially that this is not the first tragic incident that had happened here in Manila, but this particular one left me in disbelief. The wife of one of my close friends was one of the casualties in the incident. Until now I'm still in shock and I still can't believe that one of the victims was somebody I personally knew. I only learned of it when my friend texted me. I immediately called him but I really didn't know what to say. He was already crying and I was still in disbelief and was shaking. I can't imagine what he is going through right now. I would be devastated if I was in his place.

I am so angry at the person/people that did this. Those innocent people that died didn't deserve this. I wouldn't hope that whoever was responsible would die as well but I hope and pray that they realized what they have done and somehow feel remorse.

I don't know what else to say except that today is a sad, sad day.

No comments: